Mongolian Baked Wontons
(MAKES 5 SERVINGS)
IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg Sun-Bird Mongolian Beef Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- In a sauté pan cook onions in oil until translucent. Add garlic and continue to cook until garlic is tender.
- Crumble ground beef into onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until ground beef is fully cooked and fat has been rendered.
- Mix tamari and Sun-Bird Mongolian Beef Seasoning Mix together and then add to the beef mixture.
- Continue to cook until sauce thickens. Strain excess fat from the pan and let beef mixture cool.
- Place cooled beef mixture into the center of a square wonton wrapper. Meet all the edges of the wrapper to one point to create a sealed pocket.
- Place wontons onto a greased sheet pan and bake at 325°F until golden brown. About 12 minutes.