IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2/3 cups Chicken stock
- 1 pkg Sun-Bird Hot and Spicy Szechwan Mix
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs Brown sugar or honey
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 lb Skirt steak, trimmed of fat
- In a large sauce pan whisk together chicken stock, Sunbird Hot and Spicy Szechuan Mix, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, and five-spice. bring to a simmer.
- Once the liquid has thickened into a sauce, remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the sauce over the steak and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and cook the skirt steak on each side for 5 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Slice the skirt steak against the grain to result in a tender, fall apart fajita.