WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 packet Sun-Bird® Lettuce Wrap seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1-½ tsp. white or brown sugar
- 1-½ lbs. finely diced chicken or ground chicken
- ⅔ cup water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
- ⅔ cup fresh or canned mushrooms, drained and finely diced
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- Cooked white or brown rice
*vegetarian version, substitute 16 oz. (1 lb.) diced tofu for chicken.
- In a 2 qt. glass bowl, blend seasoning, water, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients except lettuce & rice. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- In an oiled large skillet, sauté chicken marinade mixture on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, cook 7 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cut a head of iceberg lettuce in half; wash and drain well. Separate whole lettuce leaves.
- Fill lettuce leaves with cooked rice and meat mixture.
- Serve with soy sauce, hot chili sauce, and/or Chinese hot mustard, as desired.
INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN, BROWN SUGAR, SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), SPICE, GARLIC POWDER, CARAMEL COLOR, Contains less than 2% of: YEAST EXTRACT, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, XANTHAN GUM. CONTAINS ALLERGENS: WHEAT, SOY MAY CONTAIN: MILK, EGG