IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1-2 lb Pork Chuck Roast
- 2 tbs Oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tbs Brown sugar
- 1 pkg Kung Pao Seasoning Mix
- 1 Bunch Green Onions to Garnish
- Season your chuck roast thoroughly with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large pot pan, sear your chuck roast on both sides until golden brown, remove and let rest.
- Using the same pot, caramelize your onions until golden brown, add ginger and garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- In a separate measuring cup combine your water and Kung Pao Seasoning thoroughly.
- Place your chuck roast back into the pot and cover with a tight fitting lid. Continue to cook until roast falls apart with a fork, this takes about 2 hours over a low flame.
- Garnish with your thinly sliced green onions. Serve with steamed rice and condiments of your choice.