Coconut Braised Chicken Drumsticks
(MAKES 4 SERVINGS)
IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3-5 Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Drained Peas
- 1 pkg Sun-Bird Hot and Spicy Szechwan seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbs Brown sugar
- 1t Garlic
- In a large sauce pan sear your chicken drum sticks until golden brown on all sides.
- While your chicken is cooking in a separate sauce pan, combine all ingredients except for the peas. Place over a medium flame and cook until it thickens and forms a sauce consistency. Fold in your peas and pour over your chicken drumsticks when they are ready.
- Braise your drumsticks for 25-30 minutes over a low-medium flame in your coconut sauce. Make sure the drumsticks are fully submerged. Chicken should read 165oF when temped, another way to check is if the chicken starts to shred into strands it is also ready.
- Serve over rice and make sure to enjoy the delicious braising sauce as well!