IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 Italian sausage links, fully-cooked and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pkg Sun-Bird® Hot & Spicy Szechuan Seasoning Mix
- 8 oz Tri-color rotini, cooked
- 2 tbs parsley, finely chopped
- In a large sauté pan, sweat onions and peppers over medium heat in vegetable oil, until bell peppers are tender and onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sausage. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Using a small bowl, combine Roma tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, sugar, water, and Sun-Bird® Hot & Spicy Szechuan Seasoning Mix package. Stir together until well combined.
- Add this mixture to the pan and bring to a slow simmer. Let the mixture stew for 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve on top of tri-color rotini and garnish with parsley.