IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 green onion stalks, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lime, zest (use juice for cilantro lime pesto)
CILANTRO LIME PESTO:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cilantro bunch
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place the pork chops in a large Ziplock bag. In a small bowl, whisk thoroughly the Sun-Bird Hot & Spicy Kung Pao Chicken Seasoning Mix, 1/4 cup oil, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes, and pour the marinade over the meat. Seal the bag and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and sauté the green onions and red bell peppers until softened, about 5 minutes
- Add the water, Jasmine rice, and 1 tsp salt, and bring the mixture up to a boil, stirring periodically. Once the water is boiling, lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and cool until rice is done, about 17-18 minutes. Stir the lime zest into the cooked rice and cover to keep warm.
- To make the cilantro lime pesto, place the garlic cloves, cilantro bunch, lime juice, 1/2 cup oil, and 1/2 tsp salt into a food processor and blend until smoother. Set aside.
- Put a large sauté pan on medium heat, and add the marinated pork chops. Cook the pork chops until desired doneness (time will depend on thickness of the pork chops). Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- To serve, divide the rice mixture evenly among 4 plates, top with 1 sliced pork chop, pour cilantro pesto on top, and garnish with the chopped peanuts.