IN THIS RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8 large wooden skewers
- 1 ripe pineapple, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, rough cut into quarters
- 2 bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- to taste, salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Soak skewers in warm water for one hour before using.
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and chill for one hour.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a sauté pan and bring to a simmer. Once sauce thickens, set aside until chicken is ready for glazing.
- After chicken has marinated, assemble skewers. Arrange pineapple, onion, bell peppers and chicken on skewers.
- Turn broiler to 500°F.
- Place kebobs on an oiled roasting rack and brush the skewers with a little but more oil.
- Roast under broiler for 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and brush with glaze. Return to oven and roast for an additional minute.