WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 packet Sun-Bird® Honey Sesame Chicken seasoning
- 1-½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken, cut in chunks
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. water (divided)
- 3 tbsp. oil (divided)
- ½ cup white or brown sugar
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple (optional)
- ½ cup salted cashews (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and 2 tbsp. water; blend well.
- Add chicken and marinate 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in large skillet or wok; remove chicken from marinade with slotted spoon and stir-fry until golden and cooked through.
- Blend seasoning with 1 tbsp. oil, ¼ cup water. Add sugar and blend.
- Add to chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cashews to finish dish as desired.
Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup each as prepared above. WITH PINEAPPLE: in Step 4, combine seasoning, oil, and 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained and sugar, omitting water.
CORN STARCH, MALTODEXTRIN, SESAME SEEDS, SUGAR, SALT, GARLIC POWDER, SESAME SEED OIL, SPICES, ONION POWDER, SODIUM DIACETATE, Contains less than 2% of: HONEY, NATURAL FLAVORS, CARAMEL COLOR, CITRIC ACID.
MAY CONTAIN: WHEAT, MILK, EGG, SOY