- In a sauté pan cook onions until translucent and tender over a medium heat. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Drain diced tomatoes, reserving the liquid. Add tomatoes to the pan and cook 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate container mix together lime juice, strained tomato liquid, salt and Sun-Bird Hot & Spicy Szechuan Seasoning.
- Add the liquids to the pan and turn heat to low. Cook about 5 minutes while sauce thickens.
- With a food processor or immersion blender, blend salsa to create a smooth texture.
- Add finely chopped cilantro to garnish.
Hint: Best served slightly warmer than room temperature